Plan your visit
Enjoy your time with us! Find out about opening times, admission prices, guided tours and accessibility
Enjoy one of the best indoor 360 degree panoramic views of Oxford from the Cupola.
Gaze up at the Sheldonian’s magnificent ceiling painted by Robert Streater during the reign of King Charles II.
Learn about the Sheldonian’s journey from past to present day through our colourful and informative display boards.
|Access to the Main Theatre, Attic and Cupola||£4.00||£3.00|
Table displays admissions prices for visiting the Sheldonian Theatre and guided tour. Concessions are available to those over 60, under 16 years of age, students with a University card, and Experience Oxfordshire members with a Perks card. Matriculated students, non-college staff and members of congregation with a valid University of Oxford card may visit the Sheldonian Theatre along with a maximum of three guests on a complimentary basis (this applies to self-guided tours and excludes guided tours, events, and concerts).
Visitor information - all you need to know
The Sheldonian Theatre has put in COVID-secure measures to prioritise the safety of our visitors and staff, so that we can all enjoy the building safely.
- We strongly request visitors wear face coverings on site.
- Visitors should maintain physical distancing where possible.
- We continue to maintain a reduced capacity, with 12 visitors allowed inside at one time
- We encourage you to scan the NHS Track & Trace QR code on arrival
- We have increased our touch point cleaning and hand sanitisation points are available throughout the building
- We may ask you to observe one way routes in certain places in the building to enable physical distancing